Desford Parish Neighbourhood Plan
Your opportunity to help shape the future of Desford Parish is imminent!
Desford Neighbourhood Plan provides the opportunity for our community to provide a positive vision for how we want our neighbourhood to develop in the future.
It is a massively influential document that means your community can choose where new homes, shops and offices are built, and have your say on what those new buildings should look like and what infrastructure should be provided to support them.
There was a fantastic response to the questionnaire which was sent to every household in the Parish showing that YOU really care what happens in our locality.
- Your responses are now being analysed and with the help of Consultants will form the basis for the draft plan. The work of these Consultants, ‘Your Locale’ , is being paid for by a government grant.
- Currently there is a Heritage List being drawn up with the help of Paul Grundy, Conservation Officer at HBBC and Desford Local History Society.
- Newbold Verdon and Barlestone are also preparing for their development plan and are liaising with the Desford working group.
There are now further opportunities for YOU to work alongside the Parish Council Working Group and the Consultants to ensure the best possible outcomes for the Parish of the Future.
If you are interested in any of the following issues :
- Transport, Community Facilities, Employment
- The Natural and Historic Environments
YOU could become a member of one of these focus groups by contacting one of the names below. Also look out for the date of the next public meeting which will be in September.
More information may be obtained from: Martyn Randle. Chairperson. email@example.com
Bernard Grimshaw Communications Officer. firstname.lastname@example.org
or on this website: www.desfordvision.co.uk under “contact” tab at the foot of the page
Use arrows to control the Timeline.