DNP Working Group minutes 9th October 2018

DNP Working Group minutes 9th October 2018

6.00pm Desford Library


In Attendance: Andrew Norton,  Colin Crane, David Crocker, Ewan Lindsay, Gary Kirk (YL), Jim Houghton,  Judy Sharpe, June Morris, Martyn Randle, Pat Crane, Scott Wakefield


Apologies: Bernard Grimshaw, Nic Lockley


  1. Welcome:

Martyn welcomed everyone to the meeting and asked for apologies to be listed


  1. Minutes of last meeting / matters arising:

The minutes were discussed and approved as a true record and signed by Martyn accordingly.

Martyn asked if there was any progress in the change of postcode for Neovia. Colin reported that he hoped to find out more at the Neovia meeting next week..

Martyn asked about the traffic survey report. Action-Colin to circulate report to the group.

Martyn asked whether the Vision Statement was currently on the PC or DNPWG website yet. Colin said that it did not appear to be on the PC website. Jim said that it was now on the DNP website.


  1. Declaration of Interest:



  1. Chairman’s Report:

Martyn stated that the final draft of the timeline had been circulated that afternoon and he hoped that everyone would have an opportunity to read it. Colin said that the PC would need this for their meeting on the 17th October 2018.

Martyn said that the developers would need to time to challenge the Pre- Submission draft. David stated that the Housing Group and Derek would be meeting CERDA later in the week.


  1. Treasurer’s Report:

Bernard had emailed a report which Martyn read out. He stated that financially there was no change from the previous meeting . There is an adequate budget to cover the publicity event within the terms of the Awards for All Grant.

Colin stated that approval for funding the printing of leaflets, publicising the public consultation and open events, and delivery by The Graphic, would be going to the PC Resources Committee on the 10th October. No firm figure for the cost of delivery was available yet as they would have to be delivered separately from the magazine.


  1. Communication Officer’s Report:

Bernard had emailed a report which Martyn read out. Bernard stated that articles about the DNPWG progress had been published in The Graphic and the Parish Magazine. He will prepare another article for The Graphic after tonight’s meeting.
Bernard had responded to the HBBC ‘scooping exercise‘ form.

He mentioned that he and Pat were unable to attend the November Neighbourhood Plan Networking Event organised by the LCC. Colin said that he and Ewan had offered to attend this.

Bernard reported that there had been one query through the Desford Vision website relating to the CERDA proposal. Colin, David, Derek, Pat and Scott had helped him to prepare a reply which the inquisitor found helpful.


  1. Discussion of Updated Draft of Neighbourhood Plan:

Discussion of the Updated Draft Plan took place. It was agreed that this was sensitive information and was embargoed until the Draft is released for Pre- Submission Consultation.


  1. Consultation event / Publicity / Distribution discussion / Future Timeline:

Discussion of the Consultation Event, publicity distribution  and future Timeline took place. It was agreed that this was sensitive information and was embargoed until the Draft is released for Pre- Submission Consultation.



  1. Web page / Twitter /Spotted Desford:

Jim stated that the Vision statement has now been uploaded to the website.

Action – Jim to upload the DNP and comments form to the website after the PC meeting on the 5th November.


  1. AOB:

Gary stated that the DNPWG could assume that the RCC would be leading on the consultation events. All the collated comments would come through from the RCC to YL who would then filter these. A DNPWG meeting would need to be held to discuss these. There needs to be a formal response to each comment. All comments are public and all comments, responses and amendments have to be submitted to HBBC. The examiner will see all of these.

David asked where and how people could respond. It was agreed that comments  could be posted through the library door or emailed to the clerk.

Gary said that there could be expected to be 30 to 40 pages of comments. He mentioned that all statutory agencies will respond as well as LCC, HBBC, developers and members of the public. There is £1500 from the Awards for All Grant to help with this. He also mentioned that YL would appreciate some of this for their work next week amending the plan.

Andrew asked if there could be a pre consultation briefing before the open events. It was agreed that there should be a briefing paper for helpers. Action – Martyn to prepare briefing paper Action– Pat to contact RCC about possibility of them helping with this briefing. Pat noted that the RCC will provide the display materials but are unable to help with the open events on the day due to previous commitments. The group will also need to provide stands and display boards. Judy asked whether there would be the need for more paper copies of the DNP at BVH due to lack of access to computers. Andrew offered to take his own computer to BVH but stated that there is no Wifi in the building. He also commented that Superfast Wifi was not due to be available in Botcheston until 2022.


  1. Date of next meeting:


Tuesday November 13th 2018 7pm at the library.


Meeting closed.  7.05 pm.


I confirm this is a true record of the meeting:


Signed……………………………………………………………..   Name……………………………………………………………




Pin It on Pinterest