DNP Working Group minutes 3rd September 2019

4.30 pm Desford Library


In Attendance: Bernard Grimshaw, Colin Crane, David Crocker, Judy Sharpe, Pat Crane (chair), Scott Wakefield


Apologies: Andrew Norton, Gary Kirk, Jim Houghton, Martyn Randle,


  1. Welcome: Pat welcomed everyone to the meeting and asked for apologies to be listed.


  1. Minutes of last meeting / matters arising:

The minutes were approved as a true record and signed by Pat.

Matters Arising:

The following matters arising from the July 9th meeting are still pending due to the absence of the people named              in the actions.

  • Judy and Jim to liaise about the publication of the minutes on to the website- Action pending. Jim has gathered the minutes together ready for publishing. Judy has sent list of minutes’ dates to Jim.
  • Letter to Ewan from the DNPWG- Action Martyn pending


Matters arising from the August 16th meeting

Judy apologised that the date on the minutes of the August meeting was incorrect and that she had only just noticed this. Colin stated that the date could be amended and the change initialled.

Letter to other parishes.

Bernard stated that he had found a list of parishes within HBBC who were undertaking NPs. Market Bosworth and Sheepy Magna‘s plans had been made. Burbage, Desford and Newbold Verdon have completed pre-submission. A number of other parishes were at an earlier stage in the development of their NPs.

Scott suggested that the letter to the other parishes could be tweaked slightly, depending upon the state of progress of each NP. This was agreed.

It was agreed that the letter would be written on behalf of the Chair of the PC and the Chair of the DNP group by Bernard and emailed to the clerk of the parish councils. Action-Bernard

Judy said that the addresses of the parish clerks could be found using a search on the HBBC website.

Pat stated that she would not be attending the Parish Forum but Colin would.


  1. Declaration of Interest:

Bernard declared an interest as his property was on the Local Heritage List.


  1. Treasurer’s Report:

Colin said that he had received an estimate from Gary, on behalf of Your Locale, for the completion of work on the DNP. The PC have accepted this and the funds have been set aside.


  1. Communication Officer’s Report:

There was no Communication Officer’s Report


  1. Update on SEA:

Bernard stated that he had received an email today to say that the SEA report would arrive before the end of the week. He would then distribute it. Bernard noted that HBBC would also receive a copy of the SEA report at the same time.


  1. Actions needed to finalise DNP:

Bernard said that he had revised the housing chapter of the DNP and that this had been sent to Gary. Gary had acknowledged its receipt but there had been no feedback as yet. He stated that he had started it with an explanation and an objective for each policy.

Bernard noted that Gary/ Your Locale will need to rewrite the consultation statement after the SEA arrives. He also noted that there was likely to be minor recommendations which will need attention.

Bernard also thought it was important to proof read the DNP carefully to check that all HBBC’s points of substance have been addressed.

Bernard mentioned that Jhanvi (RCC) is working on the maps. Pat commented that there are a lot of plans/maps particularly in the Environment section. It was important to check on the quality of these. John Martin (YL) had supplied these originally, using Parish online. These will be needed to complete Regulation 15.

Pat suggested that the DNPWG should follow Gary’s advice and do a low key consultation of the tweaked DNP alongside the SEA consultation. Bernard read out some legal documentation that he had found which appeared to support this.

The bodies that need to be notified at the consultation include LCC, HBBC, water and other utility companies, Environment Agency, English Heritage, LCC and HBBC. In addition the land owners of all the assessed sites need to be notified. This can be done by email if the addresses are known; if not a paper letter will sent by the PC clerk. It was noted that either Derek (YL) or Fran at HBBC should have contact details for all site landowners.

The SEA report and the tweaked version of the DNP need to go on to the PC website and a paper copy of these documents also needs to be available. It was agreed that the paper copies would be available in the library, during usual opening hours. Notices will need to be put on the parish noticeboards and Desford Vision and PC websites stating where the documents can be viewed, and when. It was agreed that the documents would only be available on the PC website, but that a link would be provided on the Desford Vision website and facebook pages to them. The notice on the parish noticeboards would provide the website addresses and a date by which responses were needed. Action –Ask Jim to put a link to the PC website from the Desford Vision website

All comments received during the Regulation 14 consultation will be reported on during the Regulation 15 consultation.

Judy asked about the length of this consultation. Bernard said that Gary had indicated that Newbold Verdon had allowed 3 weeks for this. This was to allow for representations.

The version of the DNP sent to the Regulation 15 consultation will have to take note of any comments raised at this next consultation.

Pat asked whether we needed to put a tweaked version of the DNP on the website. Bernard replied that theoretically the previous copy of the DNP could be published. However the tweaked version would enable others to check the more recent amendments before submission of the plan.

Bernard asked whether he should let Fran (HBBC) know that the SEA is expected this week. This was agreed. Action-Bernard.

Judy asked whether the library should be manned on the Saturday mornings by members of the DNPWG during the consultation period. It was agreed to discuss this at the next meeting. She also asked whether paper comment forms and a box would be provided in the library. This was agreed. These comments would then be submitted by the PC clerk.

Pat reported that Jhanvi at the RCC had offered to collate the comments again.


  1. Web page/ Twitter/ Spotted Desford:

Jim reported in an email that the revised SSAs and maps are now up on the Desford Vision website. He hadn’t removed the old versions until somebody confirms that the new ones are correct. He asked the DNPWG to note that the complete list of SSAs was too large to upload so he had to split these into 3 groups (2 for Desford and 1 for Botcheston). He noted that the text on the front page is also clearly out of date and he would appreciate help to produce new copy to bring this up to date.


  1. AOB:

Scott reported that the CERDA (Peckleton Lane) planning application appeal had been discussed at the PC planning committee meeting on the 2.9.2019. Terry Robinson, who had spoken against the development at the HBBC planning meeting, had raised the idea that there should be an informal traffic survey undertaken and was asking for volunteers to help with this on the Next Door Desford website.

Pat commented that HBBC have employed a barrister to lead their response.

Bernard asked whether it wold be worth the DPC employing an independent planning consultant, or at least finding out the costs for this.

Scott suggested that this matter was put on the agenda for the September PC meeting.

Pat asked about the timescale for the appeal. David stated that he had a letter about this and would send it to Judy to circulate to the group. Action- David and Judy


  1. Date of next meeting:


The date of the next meeting is Monday 23rd September at 2.30 pm in the Church Centre.


Meeting closed 5.30 pm.



I confirm this is a true record of the meeting:


Signed……………………………………………………………..   Name……………………………………………………………




Pin It on Pinterest

Share This