Neighbourhood Development Plan Working Group Meeting
7.30pm Desford Library 9 February 2017
In attendance: Bernard Grimshaw, David Crocker, Jim Houghton, Judy Sharpe, Kaye Johnson, Linda Mitchell, Martyn Randle, Pat Crane, Colin Crane, Sam Hatfield.
Apologies: Darren Tilley, Helen Nightingale, John Preston, Lyn Dearling, Paul Angelinetta, Scott Wakefield, Julie Peel, Malcolm Peel.
1. Welcome & chairman’s report: Martyn Randle in Chair welcomed all who were there. He said to start the meeting off it is good news: the final draft of the questionnaire had been approved by the Parish Council and is going to be delivered week commencing 13th March by the Graphic team at Market Bosworth. The collection of this needs to be discussed further on in the meeting.
Martyn said that currently we have 6 projects in progress:
1. The website
2. Young Person Questionnaire
3. Delivery and collection of the questionnaire
4. Appoint a consultant
5. Appoint an analyst
6. Locality funding Application
Martyn read out an observation made by Darren on possible traffic infrastructure and this was discussed by the group.
2. Minutes of the last meeting: These were approved as correct and signed by the chair.
3. Matters arising: None
4. Treasurers Report: Darren had advised via email that there was no change in the financial situation from last month.
5. Communication Officers report: The website and questionnaire are covered in their own items but the subject of appointing a consultant needs to be addressed. In ensuring the questionnaire is covered in March, this will take time and effort by all. It may be an idea to resurrect the focus groups for the consultants’ issues in May / June. We need to be submitting a draft plan to the HBBC in January 2018 which will meet the locality grant requirements. The consultants will advise if we are on target for this and how to prepare the evidence base. Two out of the three companies Bernard has approached will provide a template and advise the groups how to actually put the plan together. A question was raised to Bernard that it is surely not easy to appoint a consultant until the questionnaire is back and analysis raised, so we know which area the help is required in. The consultants are experts in the planning of the NP and not specifics, additional help can be bought for specific areas if required. Again 2 of the 3 companies suggested the plan can include an appendix of aspirations extra.
Another question was raised, asking if the 3 companies Bernard has approached have done this type of work before; Bernard advised yes and the guidance he used for the consultants briefing is in the NDP drop box file should anyone want to see it, it is approx. 64 pages long. A comment was made saying that we need to get a good company before they are booked up with other villages. Pat pointed out that this all ties in with how much grant we need to apply for; until we choose and appoint a consultant we don’t know how much we will need. Three quotes will be obtained and referred to John Preston, Richard Mugglestone and Sam Hatfield for their comments before approval is given.
Pat asked Sam Hatfield if the dates we were working to are achievable and he said yes they are realistic with the right support. It was favourably agreed of the bringing in of consultants within the time frame discussed. Everyone thanked Bernard for his hard work in getting us this far.
6. Website: Jim said he had sent out a list of items that should be included within the site for further comments. Martyn has given some help and CFS have uploaded items supplied already. However there is still a lot to do with the look and feel of the site; more input is needed.
Jim is missing:
List of the Working Group – Kaye to supply
Info for the Health page – Pat to supply
Role of the PC with the NDP – Pat to supply
Role of HBBC with the NDP – Bernard to supply
Housing – Pat to supply from Parish Profile document
Also it would be helpful if there could be a post on the web page about when and how the questionnaires will be collected- LM agreed to do this. Also suggested that it would be handy to have a rolling page system so older items automatically go into the archives. CFS had advised Jim there are pages and posts on a website and posts are the ones that can be archived like this.
There were questions raised by CFS for the working group to answer:
Q How does the home page want to look, formal? Pictures ? etc…
A It was agreed it needs pictures, plus the ability to click on an item and go straight to the relevant page.
Q Facebook and Twitter administering?
Kay Smith had agreed to cover Twitter at the previous meeting and Kaye Johnson had agreed at the same meeting to cover Facebook. KJ to contact CFS re the fb page.
www.desfordvision.co.uk is the page to check out. It is currently a holding page with work in progress. Also suggested that Agendas and minutes be added to the web page from our group meetings. KJ to send to Jim. Jim agreed he is happy to be the administrator for the updates. The logo for the home page needs to be agreed – this is to be the logo already established for the NDPWG. PC or LM to send the logo to JH.
7. Reports from sub groups: None, but locality funding had been raised in an email from DT. This was discussed at length and it was agreed to get the consultants in place but wait for any work to be done by them until the grant is available.
8.1 Questionnaire: The final draft of the questionnaire has been taken to the printers for them to quote on by CC and BG. There are to be 2 small amendments by the printers and their quote to supply A4 envelope, and a duplexed questionnaire stapled correctly is 86 pence per copy plus vat. The MRH copy to go with ours will be in light green to avoid any confusion by the residents. A quote for these to be delivered to all but the outlying properties by the Graphic staff in Market Bosworth was a one off fee of £200 and this is to be done week commencing 13th March. The outlying areas being: between Bosworth Academy and the A47 along the Leicester Lane, Kirby Muxloe, Lindridge Lane, Hunts Lane & Peckleton Lane– these areas to be done by volunteers. Scott has drawn up a flyer and sent it to all members via email. This has been agreed with one small amendment. This flyer to advise all parishioners the importance of the forthcoming questionnaire. The Graphic to be asked to put this as a loose leaf in their March Graphic magazine. LM is to also write a post to be actually inserted within the Graphic.
8.2 Collection of questionnaire: This is to be week commencing 27th March. KJ apologised to the group as she is on holiday that week and will be unable to help. JS suggested spare copies of the forms be taken around just in case people ask for another copy. A slip is to be printed to push through doors if the resident is not in when calling, asking them to return it to the Library. BG nominated MR to be the co-ordinator overseeing this and JS seconded. PC has asked John Preston how much they would charge for the analysis of the findings from these forms. His reply was it could be free if the group input the information. KJ and CC offered to do some inputting. MRH need the reports of the housing section from our survey.
9. AOB: DC said he had sent our questionnaire to a friend on another village’s Working Group and his friend thought we had covered all aspects apart from the youth questionnaire. This will be done separately and sent to Bosworth Academy, Scout groups etc for distribution and spare copies in the Library. FB and Twitter to advertise this.
BG said Pat had circulated a copy of the C/C press release about HEDNA, please read if possible. He suggested we all monitor the housing bill press releases. Also a copy of the latest project plan has been sent out to all. And finally Newbold Verdon and Barlestone Working Groups have requested to BG that we consider 2 / 3 members of each group meet to ensure we are all working in the same direction.
PC said that Michelle Elcoat from the Parish Council went to the Newbold Verdon Group meeting but didn’t hear anything that would affect the Desford Plan.
LM asked KJ if the paperwork can be sent out sooner for reading before meetings, KJ said yes if at all possible.
10. Next meetings: Wednesday 8th March 7.30pm
Tuesday 4th April 7.30pm
Both at Desford Library.
Meeting Closed 9.25pm.
I confirm these are a true copy of the meeting:
Signed………………………………. Name…………………………… Date……………………