Stakeholder Workshop Report

The production of the Desford Parish Neighbourhood Plan is being led by Desford Parish Council with the support of a small Working Party of local volunteers.
The success of the plan will rely on ongoing input and support from local residents, businesses, land owners, and other organisations active within the parish.
Opportunities will be provided for ALL members of the community to engage in and inform the production of the plan.

If YOU would like to get involved in the process, have your say on future development, and help the Parish Council to plan the future of the area then please engage in the consultation activities over the next few months or email us: desplan16@gmail.com

Representatives from local businesses, clubs and organisations, schools, land owners and those delivering statutory services in the area were invited to a Stakeholder Meeting on 5th July.

A report from this meeting is below.

Minutes 9.2.17

Neighbourhood Development Plan Working Group Meeting
7.30pm Desford Library 9 February 2017

In attendance: Bernard Grimshaw, David Crocker, Jim Houghton, Judy Sharpe, Kaye Johnson, Linda Mitchell, Martyn Randle, Pat Crane, Colin Crane, Sam Hatfield.

Apologies: Darren Tilley, Helen Nightingale, John Preston, Lyn Dearling, Paul Angelinetta, Scott Wakefield, Julie Peel, Malcolm Peel.

1. Welcome & chairman’s report: Martyn Randle in Chair welcomed all who were there. He said to start the meeting off it is good news: the final draft of the questionnaire had been approved by the Parish Council and is going to be delivered week commencing 13th March by the Graphic team at Market Bosworth. The collection of this needs to be discussed further on in the meeting.

Martyn said that currently we have 6 projects in progress:
1. The website
2. Young Person Questionnaire
3. Delivery and collection of the questionnaire
4. Appoint a consultant
5. Appoint an analyst
6. Locality funding Application

Martyn read out an observation made by Darren on possible traffic infrastructure and this was discussed by the group.

2. Minutes of the last meeting: These were approved as correct and signed by the chair.

3. Matters arising: None

4. Treasurers Report: Darren had advised via email that there was no change in the financial situation from last month.

5. Communication Officers report: The website and questionnaire are covered in their own items but the subject of appointing a consultant needs to be addressed. In ensuring the questionnaire is covered in March, this will take time and effort by all. It may be an idea to resurrect the focus groups for the consultants’ issues in May / June. We need to be submitting a draft plan to the HBBC in January 2018 which will meet the locality grant requirements. The consultants will advise if we are on target for this and how to prepare the evidence base. Two out of the three companies Bernard has approached will provide a template and advise the groups how to actually put the plan together. A question was raised to Bernard that it is surely not easy to appoint a consultant until the questionnaire is back and analysis raised, so we know which area the help is required in. The consultants are experts in the planning of the NP and not specifics, additional help can be bought for specific areas if required. Again 2 of the 3 companies suggested the plan can include an appendix of aspirations extra.
Another question was raised, asking if the 3 companies Bernard has approached have done this type of work before; Bernard advised yes and the guidance he used for the consultants briefing is in the NDP drop box file should anyone want to see it, it is approx. 64 pages long. A comment was made saying that we need to get a good company before they are booked up with other villages. Pat pointed out that this all ties in with how much grant we need to apply for; until we choose and appoint a consultant we don’t know how much we will need. Three quotes will be obtained and referred to John Preston, Richard Mugglestone and Sam Hatfield for their comments before approval is given.
Pat asked Sam Hatfield if the dates we were working to are achievable and he said yes they are realistic with the right support. It was favourably agreed of the bringing in of consultants within the time frame discussed. Everyone thanked Bernard for his hard work in getting us this far.

6. Website: Jim said he had sent out a list of items that should be included within the site for further comments. Martyn has given some help and CFS have uploaded items supplied already. However there is still a lot to do with the look and feel of the site; more input is needed.
Jim is missing:
List of the Working Group – Kaye to supply
Info for the Health page – Pat to supply
Role of the PC with the NDP – Pat to supply
Role of HBBC with the NDP – Bernard to supply
Housing – Pat to supply from Parish Profile document
Also it would be helpful if there could be a post on the web page about when and how the questionnaires will be collected- LM agreed to do this. Also suggested that it would be handy to have a rolling page system so older items automatically go into the archives. CFS had advised Jim there are pages and posts on a website and posts are the ones that can be archived like this.

There were questions raised by CFS for the working group to answer:
Q How does the home page want to look, formal? Pictures ? etc…
A It was agreed it needs pictures, plus the ability to click on an item and go straight to the relevant page.
Q Facebook and Twitter administering?
Kay Smith had agreed to cover Twitter at the previous meeting and Kaye Johnson had agreed at the same meeting to cover Facebook. KJ to contact CFS re the fb page.

www.desfordvision.co.uk is the page to check out. It is currently a holding page with work in progress. Also suggested that Agendas and minutes be added to the web page from our group meetings. KJ to send to Jim. Jim agreed he is happy to be the administrator for the updates. The logo for the home page needs to be agreed – this is to be the logo already established for the NDPWG. PC or LM to send the logo to JH.

7. Reports from sub groups: None, but locality funding had been raised in an email from DT. This was discussed at length and it was agreed to get the consultants in place but wait for any work to be done by them until the grant is available.

8.1 Questionnaire: The final draft of the questionnaire has been taken to the printers for them to quote on by CC and BG. There are to be 2 small amendments by the printers and their quote to supply A4 envelope, and a duplexed questionnaire stapled correctly is 86 pence per copy plus vat. The MRH copy to go with ours will be in light green to avoid any confusion by the residents. A quote for these to be delivered to all but the outlying properties by the Graphic staff in Market Bosworth was a one off fee of £200 and this is to be done week commencing 13th March. The outlying areas being: between Bosworth Academy and the A47 along the Leicester Lane, Kirby Muxloe, Lindridge Lane, Hunts Lane & Peckleton Lane– these areas to be done by volunteers. Scott has drawn up a flyer and sent it to all members via email. This has been agreed with one small amendment. This flyer to advise all parishioners the importance of the forthcoming questionnaire. The Graphic to be asked to put this as a loose leaf in their March Graphic magazine. LM is to also write a post to be actually inserted within the Graphic.

8.2 Collection of questionnaire: This is to be week commencing 27th March. KJ apologised to the group as she is on holiday that week and will be unable to help. JS suggested spare copies of the forms be taken around just in case people ask for another copy. A slip is to be printed to push through doors if the resident is not in when calling, asking them to return it to the Library. BG nominated MR to be the co-ordinator overseeing this and JS seconded. PC has asked John Preston how much they would charge for the analysis of the findings from these forms. His reply was it could be free if the group input the information. KJ and CC offered to do some inputting. MRH need the reports of the housing section from our survey.

9. AOB: DC said he had sent our questionnaire to a friend on another village’s Working Group and his friend thought we had covered all aspects apart from the youth questionnaire. This will be done separately and sent to Bosworth Academy, Scout groups etc for distribution and spare copies in the Library. FB and Twitter to advertise this.
BG said Pat had circulated a copy of the C/C press release about HEDNA, please read if possible. He suggested we all monitor the housing bill press releases. Also a copy of the latest project plan has been sent out to all. And finally Newbold Verdon and Barlestone Working Groups have requested to BG that we consider 2 / 3 members of each group meet to ensure we are all working in the same direction.
PC said that Michelle Elcoat from the Parish Council went to the Newbold Verdon Group meeting but didn’t hear anything that would affect the Desford Plan.
LM asked KJ if the paperwork can be sent out sooner for reading before meetings, KJ said yes if at all possible.

10. Next meetings: Wednesday 8th March 7.30pm
Tuesday 4th April 7.30pm
Both at Desford Library.

Meeting Closed 9.25pm.

I confirm these are a true copy of the meeting:

Signed………………………………. Name…………………………… Date……………………

Minutes 5.1.17

Neighbourhood Development Plan Working Group Meeting
7.30pm Desford Library 5 January 2017

In attendance: Pat Crane, Martyn Randle (chair), David Crocker, Bernard Grimshaw, Jim Houghton, Scott Wakefield, Kaye Johnson, Linda Mitchell, Judy Sharpe, Colin Crane, Darren Tilley, Malcolm Peel, Kay Smith, Paul Angelinetta

Apologies: Helen Nightingale, Adrian Dickinson, Julie Peel, John Preston, Joe Scarratt, Sam Hatfield

1. Welcome and Chair’s Report: Martyn said we are on target with the questionnaire. The penultimate draft of the questionnaire was on the agenda. The minutes of the December co-ordinators meeting had been circulated.

2. Minutes: The minutes of the last meeting were agreed and signed

3. Matters arising: There will be a short questionnaire drawn up for the students at Bosworth Academy, but it will be kept separate as non-residents, who are also students at the Academy, will be completing this.

4. Treasurers Report: There has been no spending since last meeting, however we need to be aware that some large costs will soon be incurred, including the Website, Questionnaire expenses and Consultant fees. But we will be able to claim against the Locality grant towards these. Darren confirmed that the money from the Parish Council will be rolled over. He reminded members to claim for expenses for printing etc. We don’t have to pay CFS for their website work until it has all been completed.

5. Communications Officer Report: The report that had been circulated. Jim, along with Colin and Bernard, agreed to oversee the website progress with CFS
.
6. Website: The Parish Council accepted our recommendation of CFS to design and produce the website and this has now been confirmed with them, and an email sent to the other two tenders. Craig has purchased the domain name of www.desfordvision.co.uk . The site to consist of blue headlines with a black Arial font. Craig is to also set up twitter and Facebook facilities. A discussion took place as to how communication is to be dealt with once the questionnaire has gone out; David, Kay S and Kaye J agreed to deal with these initially, but to assess how much work is involved. If it is deemed necessary, outside help will be sourced and paid for.

7. Co-ordinating Group meeting: Minutes of the December meeting, previously circulated, were discussed.

8. Questionnaire:
Bernard has talked to Richard Mugglestone who confirmed that a covering letter isn’t required; our intro is quite sufficient. Richard hasn’t got back with costs. He agreed that coloured paper would be used for their section, to differentiate which part needs to be sent back in the envelope. To keep the cost down, perhaps use greyscale for the photos instead of colour? Richard strongly suggested that we send a flyer out in mid-February to all houses, saying that the Questionnaire is coming soon.
Malcolm said that there is no mention of business / retail additional buildings in the questionnaire. This was discussed at section 8.
The penultimate copy of the questionnaire was discussed, question by question, with various changes suggested. Colin will make the amendments. The final draft needs to be with the Parish Council Clerk by 11 January, so that it may be sent out with the agenda to all Parish Councillors for their meeting on 18 January.
It was suggested that once the PC has accepted the questionnaire, perhaps a few people should be asked to complete it before going out for full print. This was accepted.
The Graphic is the likely source for delivery, with some of the committee members having to do the outlying areas that Dean does not deliver to.
The completed forms are to be collected. If people aren’t at home, a note is to be pushed through doors asking if they can please deliver the completed copy to either the Library in Desford or Manor Farm Cottage in Botcheston.
An email is to be sent out by Kaye to all on the list asking for help for collection of the forms.

9. AOB: none

Next co-ordinators meeting: 19th January 6.30pm Desford Village Hall
Next full meeting: 9th February 7.30pm Desford Library

Meeting closed at 10.30pm

I confirm this is a true copy of the meeting.

Signed…………………………………… Name………………………………………………..

Date…………………………………………

Consultation

The production of the Desford Parish Neighbourhood Plan is being led by Desford Parish Council with the support of a small Working Party of local volunteers.
The success of the plan will rely on ongoing input and support from local residents, businesses, land owners, and other organisations active within the parish.
Opportunities will be provided for ALL members of the community to engage in and inform the production of the plan.

If YOU would like to get involved in the process, have your say on future development, and help the Parish Council to plan the future of the area then please engage in the consultation activities over the next few months or email us: desplan16@gmail.com

3 drop-in events were held in May for residents to have their say on what they like and dislike about the parish. A report from these events is below.

Minutes 22.11.16

Neighbourhood Development Plan Working Group Meeting
8pm, Desford Library, 22 November 2016

In attendance:
Pat Crane, Martyn Randle (chair), David Crocker, Bernard Grimshaw, Jim Houghton, Scott Wakefield, Kaye Johnson, Ewan Lindsay, Linda Mitchell, Judy Sharpe, Sam Hatfield, Colin Crane,

Apologies:
Paul Angelinetta, Darren Tilley, Lyn Dearling, Adrian Dickinson, Julie Peel, Malcolm Peel, John Preston.

1. Welcome and Chairs Report:
The meeting opened at 8pm with Martyn Randle in the chair; Martyn welcomed all to the meeting including Sam Hatfield to his first meeting with us as the HBBC representative.
Martyns report covered:
Questionnaire
• Bernard and Pat have completed and circulated the first draft of the Questionnaire.
• Initial enquires into the costing for the printing, delivering and collecting the questionnaire are underway
As there will undoubtedly be further revisions before the final draft Questionnaire is agreed he strongly advises that a system of documentation control is created to keep track of:
a) Revision Levels
b) Recipients

Website
At present two Quotes have been received and one is pending, but discuss this later in the meeting.

Martyn also suggested it would be a good idea for an update to go out to the parish, perhaps in the graphic? (BG/LM to arrange).

2. Minutes:
The minutes of the last meeting were read out and agreed as a true copy, and signed by the chair.

3. Matters arising not on the Agenda:
Only matters arising were that Kaye reminded all if a sub group meets please can she have a copy of the notes for the files and to be submitted with the agenda for the next full meeting.

4. Treasurer’s report:
Darren was unfortunately unable to attend due to health reasons, but Martyn advised everyone that there was no change in the financial circumstances since last time. Colin did add here that the Parish Council have agreed to carry forward this year’s precept if we don’t use it to next year, we won’t lose it.

5. Communications Officers report – 6. Website:
Bern spoke about the report which he had circulated, which mainly covered the
Website and questionnaire – the questionnaire part to be discussed later. Bernard
said that 3 quotations had been received on a common basis and meetings held with 2 companies who had requested them. He and Colin were in agreement that we propose CFS to the Parish Council as the company we wish to use to provide the web site. Scott asked what had impressed them so much about CFS, Colin
said that Craig had taken the time to sit with them and explain items in full, with questions and
answers both ways. Jim said they use CFS for S.I.D. and Craig is very proactive. David C said
he has used Craig and found him to be very proactive. The Chair approved the proposal of
CFS and this is to be put to the PC at their December meeting. There will need to be
arrangements for the administration of the site going forward and the coordinating group will take this on.
The three companies who have quoted, PD Solutions, 2commune and CFS to be notified of the
Successful tender after the PC Decision.

7. Focus Groups:
The chair thanked all involved in meeting as the sub groups and asked that everyone there had received
copies of the notes from the focus groups with the agenda. All agreed and this led on to the Questionnaire
discussion.

8. Draft 0 of the questionnaire has been sent out to all on the main list and David Crocker asked Bernard if he had
received any feed back from the RCC, HBBC or MRH. Sam Hatfield apologised and said he had only received it a couple of days prior and not had the time to read fully. He will however prioritise this and get back with any comments. Martyn pointed out that this is only a draft copy and must be treated as such. It was suggested that the housing survey be moved to the end and perhaps on a different colour paper so that the residents know which part is to be returned to whom. It was discussed at length as to if a collection will be needed if they aren’t returned and also what process is to be used to clarify just who and who had not returned them.
It was also discussed as to if we want a young person questionnaire to be sent to be adopted. This was agreed yes, and Colin Crane has agreed to run the youth project.
David Crocker suggested that the introduction pages need shortening to grab the residents’ attention, including relevant pictures as required.
It was also suggested that the wording Desford Parish be amended to the Parish of Desford and explain just how the parish is made up.
Everyone was asked to read draft 0 and send any suggestions asap.
Bernard said he was waiting for approval from this meeting tonight and will then visit the MRH in Coalville to discuss the housing survey in more detail.
The question was asked if the housing part is for all houses or just rented and perhaps should have its own short introduction: it is for all properties.
Other comments re draft 0:
It needs reducing in length overall and some parts seem rather political.
Needs to be in more plain English
Sections 15 and 23 are the same subject
Take out “to be” where it isn’t needed, ie see section 26.
Take out the DOB question and replace with age group boxes.
Do we want to offer a prize draw incentive to encourage the completion of the form, if so can we use local business’s to donate gifts?
IT was agreed to collate any feedback from this group and other organisations and make draft 1, then to have a sub group meeting to discuss the amended form further. Draft 1 hopefully to be circulated over the Christmas break in time for the next meeting.
The co-ordinating sub group will make recommendations to the group to finalise the content, format, printing arrangements, distribution, collection, analysis and reporting in liaison with HBBC, RCC, MRH.

9. AOB:
No further business

10. Next meeting 5th January 2017 at 7.30pm in Desford Library.

Meeting closed 9.20pm.

I confirm this is a true copy of the meeting.

Signed…………………………………… Name………………………………………………..

Date…………………………………………

Pin It on Pinterest