DNP Working Group minutes 7th August 2018

7.00pm Desford Library

In Attendance: Andrew Norton, Bernard Grimshaw, Colin Crane, David Crocker, Gary Kirk (YL), Jim Houghton, Judy Sharpe, June Morris, Martyn Randle, Pat Crane, Scott Wakefield, Nic Lockley

Apologies: Ewan Lindsay  

  1. Welcome:

Martyn welcomed everyone to the meeting and asked for apologies to be listed

  1. Minutes of last meeting / matters arising:

The minutes were discussed and approved as a true record and signed by Martyn accordingly.

Martyn asked if there was any progress in the change of postcode for Neovia. Colin reported that nothing had happened yet but that there was a meeting planned with Neovia on the 20.8.18. Martyn also commented that seemed to be an increase in HGV at the moment. Colin pointed out that this may not all be Neovia related traffic. Pat reminded the group to take the details of the vehicle concerned and time / location of the incident and to report this.

Martyn asked about the traffic survey report. Action- Colin to circulate report to the group.

Martyn asked whether the Vision Statement was currently on the PC or DNPWG website yet.  Jim said that it was not on the DNPWG website. Pat stated that she had not checked the PC website.

  1. Declaration of Interest:

Bernard declared two matters of interest. His house is listed in the heritage listings. He also lives near Housing Site AS196 (former fish farm).

  1. Chairman’s Report:

Martyn said that there was no Chairman’s Report.

  1. Treasurers Report / grant applications:

Bernard stated that £6,000 had been received from Locality for the Housing Survey. £4,800 had been paid to Your Locale which includes VAT.  The VAT can be reclaimed by the PC and does not have to be repaid to Locality. £10,000 had also been received from Awards for All. £3,600 had been paid to Your Locale including £600 VAT.  He said that he thought with the money still available from the PC the group should be OK financially.

David suggested that the group should liaise with the PC clerk to ensure that the reclaimed VAT is returned to the DNPWG.

Gary stated that there may be extra financial and time implications due to a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) issue. He explained that once a NP has been finalised a SEA has to undertaken by the borough council.  In most cases a full assessment is not needed. HBBC had originally stated that this was not necessary for Newbold Verdon’s Neighbourhood Plan. However Historic England objected and said it was needed. HBBC have now said that this needs to be undertaken by Newbold Verdon NPWG. This will have a financial implication and lead to a time delay of possibly 6 months. Newbold Verdon PC and NPWG are very concerned about this. Gary said that Your Locale had worked on other NP, where this request by Historic England had been ignored and the NP had been passed. He also explained that funding from Locality can be used for technical support for the SEA. This may have implications for the DNP as there will be fall out from this decision. Gary has a meeting with HBBC on 9.8.18 and will discuss this. Pat commented that Newbold Verdon NP is not the first NP for HBBC. (Market Bosworth NP has already been passed.) Gary said that Your Locale is wondering whether to submit a freedom of information request about this.

  1. Communication Officer’s Report:

Bernard stated that a Neighbourhood Plan Cluster meeting had taken place and that Pat had attended.

He had sent a document to Jim for uploading to the website. Bernard had written to John Preston about the SEA screening and consultation exercise that the RCC had done with Newbold Verdon.

  1. Discussion of Updated Draft of Neighbourhood Plan

Discussion of the Updated Draft Plan took place. It was agreed that this was sensitive information and was embargoed until the Draft is released for Pre- Submission Consultation.

  1. Report on housing meeting with HBBC

Discussion of the housing group meeting with HBBC took place. It was agreed that this was sensitive information and was embargoed until the Draft is released for Pre- Submission Consultation.

  1. Publicity / Distribution discussion

David suggested that a report should be put into The Graphic, and other local publications, about what the DNPWG has been doing and what will be happening next. This was agreed.  Action- Scott offered to work with Bernard on this.

Martyn commented that the NP was progressing towards its conclusion and the final part the referendum. Andrew suggested the group should work back from the provisional referendum date to establish opportunities for the DNPWG to engage the parish and encourage them to vote.

Scott asked about the referendum criteria. Gary stated that the referendum has to be held within 2 months of the examination being concluded. HBBC will send out poll cards. In order for the plan to pass over 50% of those who vote need to vote yes. He also commented that the average turnout is 31% and the average yes vote is 90%. He commented that some parishes have had a big banner made to advertise the vote and said that YL were considering doing this.

Gary explained that before the referendum there are still several stages to complete. The Draft Plan has to be approved by the PC and an open event is held. There is a 6 week pre- submission consultation where every comment raised had to be responded to. The plan is then amended by the DNPWG, approved by HBBC and then there is another 6 week consultation period.

Andrew asked whether it was possible to have a rough timescale. Action Gary offered to work out an Indicative Time Chart.

Nic suggested that a banner could be made encouraging people to look at the DNPWG website and keep an eye on what is happening. It could be put up sporadically for example at the Scarecrow Festival. This was agreed and possible content was discussed. Action– Andrew offered to draw up some suggestions and send it to the group for comments. Action – Pat offered to get quotes for the cost.

Bernard asked when the Draft NP should be presented to the PC. Gary suggested this should be when the housing sites have been agreed. Colin commented that 5 members of the PC had attended  the meeting and that the DNP was an agenda item at the PC Planning meetings.

  1. Web page / Twitter /Spotted Desford

Pat commented that the minutes and agendas of the DNPWG have not been published on the website since September 2017.  Jim offered to investigate how to do this and speak to Craig if necessary. Action – Judy to send Jim copies of minutes and agendas. Action– Colin will speak to the Parish Council Clerk and ask him to put them on the PC website.

Jim commented that there had been the usual 1 or 2 daily visitors to the website apart from the 1st and 2nd of August when there were 46 and 30. He had spoken to Craig about this who thought that it might be a site violation ie someone trying to get in.

  1. AOB

Gary commented that he was very busy with meetings in September but he would ask Derek to attend the next meeting as the main focus will be housing.

  1. Date of next meeting:

       Tuesday 11th September 2018 7pm at the library.

Meeting closed.  8.40 pm.

I confirm this is a true record of the meeting:

Signed……………………………………………………………..   Name……………………………………………………………


Pin It on Pinterest

Share This