DNP Working Group minutes 2nd April 2019

6.00pm Desford Library


In Attendance:, Bernard Grimshaw, Colin Crane, David Crocker, Ewan Lindsay,  Judy Sharpe, Martyn Randle, Pat Crane,


Apologies: Andrew Norton, Gary Kirk ,  June Morris, Nic Lockley, Scott Wakefield


  1. Welcome:

Martyn welcomed everyone to the meeting and asked for apologies to be listed


  1. Minutes of last meeting / matters arising:

The minutes were discussed, approved as a true record and signed by Martyn


  1. Declaration of Interest:

There were no new declarations of interest.


  1. Discussion of SSAs

The SSA report had been emailed to the DNPWG on the 1.4.2019.

David explained that the new SSAs were assessed in the same way as those which were done previously for the DNPWG. This was also the same process as had been done for a number of other NPs.
Pat queried the number of sites and asked which the new ones were. It was explained that the previous sites were assessed with reference to the SHELAA 14 list from HBBC. This has now been superseded by the SHELAA18 list. There were seven new sites which required assessment out of a total of 13. Four sites are listed in Botcheston and nine in Desford. Some of the previously listed sites have been now been withdrawn.

Bernard asked if anyone had got a master list of all the assessments as Fran at HBBC has asked for this. It was stated that Derek had completed a number of assessments that were no longer needed, as their owners had dropped out; but that Derek would have a list of these. Colin said that the PC had also got a list of these and offered to go and see Fran. These could also be found on the website. He noted that there was some confusion over the numbering of sites as there were two sites on Kirkby Road that had merged and are now individual sites again.

Bernard stated that responses had been sent to all Regulation 14 site owners.  He has also sent Fran, John and Ian Mc Clusky a copy of all the new site assessments.

David then explained the current list of sites in greater detail and the reasoning for their scores and discussion took place.


A proposal was made that the SSA outcomes report should be accepted.

Proposer- Colin, Seconder- Bernard. The proposal was carried unanimously.


Colin then stated that it was important to take this forward asap. It was agreed that Pat, as PC Chair of Planning, should be asked to write to Fran at HBBC, so that the consultation process could begin. A date of 12.4.2019 was suggested for the start of the consultation process, subject to agreement with HBBC. Action -Pat

David said that Derek had received an email from the owners of the Botcheston C site stating that they wished to withdraw their site. Action -Pat agreed to write to them acknowledging this.

Bernard stated that as the proposal had now been accepted by the DNPWG and the consultation process could begin this would need to be advertised. Notices would need to be placed on the PC noticeboards, in the May editions of The Graphic and Parish News and on the PC and DNP websites.  Action – Bernard to draft these. Colin said that these could be published as soon as the date was agreed with Fran at HBBC.

David reported that a developer had contacted the housing group asking for a meeting.  He had replied to them stating that the process was under consultation.


  1. AOB:

Colin said that he had responded to Gary’s email about the SEA last week. The meeting between SEA (Ian McClusky), HBBC and the RCC had gone well. Bernard explained that it was technically known as a ‘focused SEA’. HBBC were interested in the SEA as they will need a SEA for their Local Plan. The same person will be doing the SEA for Desford and Newbold Verdon. He also stated that HBBC disagreed with the comments from Historic England regarding the SEA.

Judy noted that the environment group had met twice recently to discuss amendments to the environmental inventory and Figure 7 map, based on information received in the comments on the plan. Colin stated that a meeting had taken place between himself, Paul Grundy and a property owner in relation to removing 2 properties from the local heritage list. It was agreed to wait until the full meeting for these to be discussed further and approved by the DNPWG before they are sent to Gary and John Martin

Ewan asked whether the Peckleton Lane housing site had gone to the HBBC planning Committee. Colin replied that due to the local elections this could not now happen until June.


Martyn thanked everyone for attending.


  1. Date of next meeting:

This was confirmed as the 23rd April 2019 at 7pm in the library.


Meeting closed 6.40 pm.


I confirm this is a true record of the meeting:


Signed……………………………………………………………..   Name……………………………………………………………




Pin It on Pinterest

Share This